Monday, May 21, 2007

She's still here

First Posted at 13:22, Friday, March 25, 2005

Friends and family were shocked when they heard that we were separated.

I don't know what to say, after she returned in January 2002, ...she is still here! God IS faithful!

God has changed her heart and made her faithful too. Praise God!

Around May/June 2001, she disappeared without warning. Eventually she called to say that the

marriage was over and she had found someone else who she loved and was going to marry.

(Psalm 41:9) I pleaded with her to return but only got reminded by her of all the rotten things I had

done and what a lousy husband I was. Being honest with myself, I had to agree, …I deserved that

tongue-lashing. (Psalm 51)

It was then that I reluctantly accepted that fact that she had walked out on me and the boys, I

decided to call it a day and divorce her. The Lord began convicting me about my marriage vows;

(Numbers 30:2) (Malachi 2:14,15) and showing me that divorce was never his plan for my marriage

(Mark 10:2-8) or any marriage. (Malachi 2:16) (Hosea 1-14)

I stumbled upon MHI and asked for prayer and was ministered to by people like myself who were

hurting too.

The Holy Spirit drove me to my knees so that I could pray and search the scriptures for His will.

(Matthew 6:33) For several months of prayer at the side of my bed, three times a day, morning,

noon and night, with His Word open in front of me, and my gaze fixed on the Great Healer - Jesus,

the Author and Finisher of my faith, I surrendered my life, my wife and marriage into God’s hands.

My wife responded to His voice and she chose once again to be obedient to Him and repent of her

sin, and honour her marriage vows. God can change the course of a river and move the hearts of

men and women. He is Almighty God. Praise His Holy Name.

God forgave her, restored her to Himself and grafted her back into the marriage covenant. I pray

that you too will be blessed in your obedience to Christ.

1 comment:

nic said...

I was wondering if there are going to be any comments made to this article.